New for 2018! EXCLUSIVE to Omersa and Company, on line only.
Omersa was commissioned to design a large whale for a London hotel project. The design was based on a leather whale made in the 1950’s (not by Omersa). We were so pleased with the outcome that it has been added to the Omersa range.
The whale shown in the picture has been stained BLACK but should you prefer our traditional mahogany brown, please specify in the COMMENTS box when placing your order. The “eye” is in ivory leather attached with a cross stitch.
Product features specific to this piece are:
- Ivory leather eye
- Internal wooden frame
- Suitable for use as a footstool or occasional table
- Overall dimensions are L 95 cm x W 45cm (excl flippers) x H 35cm. Weight 12kg
- Ships as a “large parcel”. Obtain shipping quote from Omersa.
Our whale is a large and really fun piece!
Due to its size, shipping costs need to be quoted for depending upon the country destination. We will obtain a quote and reply with a price.
- Code: AQU/7402
- Dimensions (mm): 95(L) x 65(W) x 35(H)
- Weight: Approx 12KG
The Omersa animal is primarily designed as a decorative accessory for the home and office. The larger sizes (described as large, medium and standard in size order) can be used as a footstool whilst the smaller pieces (described as small and miniature) are more suitable for decoration.
The internal metal and wooden frame will withstand average adult weight and a certain amount of rough play but please be aware the product is NOT built to furniture standards.
Main product features are:
• Top grain “unfinished” cowhide leather which will develop natural scuff marks reflecting the wear and tear of life
• Internal metal and wooden frame to give support and weight
• Hand filled with woodwool (shredded pine wood) to create shape and features
• as each piece of leather behaves differently no two animals are the same and sizes given are approximate
• Hand stained mahogany brown, waxed and polished
• “eyes” made from leather
• Worldwide delivery
• Cost of delivery is calculated based on delivery country, weight of product and size of packing box
• Delivery to most locations is by Fedex, using Fedex Next Day service (UK) or International Economy service outside of the UK
• Delivery to Australasia, Middle/Far East, South America is by ParcelForce, Global Priority service. NOTE: Delivery in destination country is by ParcelForce’s appointed country agent
• option to arrange own collection available at checkout
• VAT raised on orders delivered within the EU at 20%
• VAT raised at 0% on orders delivered outside of the EU; local taxes/duties payable upon entry in to delivery country are for the account of the recipient
To keep your animal in the best of health for a long and happy life, may we suggest the following care tips:
- Dust and apply a coat of NIKWAX Waterproofing Wax regularly (say every 6 weeks). DO NOT USE any spray or liquid polish as these will damage the colour
- Keep your animal dry and away from water. Regular coats of NIKWAX will help waterproof your animal against water damage
- Keep your animal out of direct sunlight and or direct heat to prevent leather from drying out
- Supervise very young children playing with an animal. They have a tendency to put tails, ears etc in their mouth and the stain may come off. NOTE: the stain is NON TOXIC
- The product is designed primarily as a decorative item for the home. It is NOT built to furniture standards and the internal frame will only stand a certain amount of rough play!
If the colour of your animal does fade and you would like to darken up, please purchase a bottle of stain to apply. To get best results, Nikwax should be applied after re-staining.