We added this basset hound to the Omersa Collection in 2008. It is full of character with large ears and upright tail. This piece sits lower to the ground than most of our other footstools and has a long straight back to rest weary feet at the end of the day! The collar supplied today is a brown colour.
Main product features are:
- Top grain “unfinished” cowhide leather
- brown leather collar
- Internal metal and wooden frame
- Filled with woodwool (shredded pine wood)
- Hand filled to create shape and features
- Hand stained mahogany brown
- Suitable for use as a footstool
- Height to top of back for foot rest
additional product features:
The leather is top grain British sourced cowhide leather tanned specifically for our purposes. The leather is “unfinished” ie it has not been coated, filled or embossed in any way. It is left to develop natural scuff marks reflecting the wear and tear of life.
Inside there is a sturdy metal and wooden frame which enables the product to be used as a footstool. We consider this size to be too small for use as an occasional seat due to the shorter back length. Please be aware the product is not built to furniture standards and is primarily a decorative piece for the home.
Woodwool (shredded pine wood) is hand worked around the frame to give the shape of the animal. This is a physical process and time consuming. As no two pieces of leather behave in the same manner and each piece is hand made, no two animals are the same and sizings given are approximate.
Once assembled, the leather is stained to give an “antique” effect in mahogany brown, then waxed and polished to give a luxurious finish. The stain used is water based and can be susceptible to water damage as the leather takes time to absorb the stain. Please apply coats of clear wax polish in its early life to help seal in the stain and keep the leather in good condition. Nikwax Waterproofing wax is an excellent product and can be bought on our site under CARE PRODUCTS.
- Code: CAN/3004
- Dimensions (mm): 76(L) x 24(W) x 45(H)
- Weight: Approx 5KG
The Omersa animal is primarily designed as a decorative accessory for the home and office. The larger sizes (described as large, medium and standard in size order) can be used as a footstool whilst the smaller pieces (described as small and miniature) are more suitable for decoration.
The internal metal and wooden frame will withstand average adult weight and a certain amount of rough play but please be aware the product is NOT built to furniture standards.
Main product features are:
• Top grain “unfinished” cowhide leather which will develop natural scuff marks reflecting the wear and tear of life
• Internal metal and wooden frame to give support and weight
• Hand filled with woodwool (shredded pine wood) to create shape and features
• as each piece of leather behaves differently no two animals are the same and sizes given are approximate
• Hand stained mahogany brown, waxed and polished
• “eyes” made from leather
• Worldwide delivery
• Cost of delivery is calculated based on delivery country, weight of product and size of packing box
• Delivery to most locations is by Fedex, using Fedex Next Day service (UK) or International Economy service outside of the UK
• Delivery to Australasia, Middle/Far East, South America is by ParcelForce, Global Priority service. NOTE: Delivery in destination country is by ParcelForce’s appointed country agent
• option to arrange own collection available at checkout
• VAT raised on orders delivered within the EU at 20%
• VAT raised at 0% on orders delivered outside of the EU; local taxes/duties payable upon entry in to delivery country are for the account of the recipient
To keep your animal in the best of health for a long and happy life, may we suggest the following care tips:
- Dust and apply a coat of NIKWAX Waterproofing Wax regularly (say every 6 weeks). DO NOT USE any spray or liquid polish as these will damage the colour
- Keep your animal dry and away from water. Regular coats of NIKWAX will help waterproof your animal against water damage
- Keep your animal out of direct sunlight and or direct heat to prevent leather from drying out
- Supervise very young children playing with an animal. They have a tendency to put tails, ears etc in their mouth and the stain may come off. NOTE: the stain is NON TOXIC
- The product is designed primarily as a decorative item for the home. It is NOT built to furniture standards and the internal frame will only stand a certain amount of rough play!
If the colour of your animal does fade and you would like to darken up, please purchase a bottle of stain to apply. To get best results, Nikwax should be applied after re-staining.