The Omersa animal is primarily designed as a decorative accessory for an interior space. The larger sizes (large, medium and standard sizes) can be used as a footstool whilst the smaller pieces (small and miniature) are more suitable for decoration.
The internal metal and wooden frame will withstand the average adult weight and a certain amount of rough play but please be aware the product is built primarily as an ornament.
The main product features are:
• Top grain “unfinished” cowhide leather which will develop natural scuff marks reflecting the wear and tear of life
• Internal metal and wooden frame to give support and weight
• Hand filled with wood wool (shredded pine wood) to create shape and features
• as each piece of leather behaves differently no two animals are the same, the sizes given are approximate and will vary
• Hand stained mahogany brown, waxed, and polished NOTE: the stain is water-based and can be susceptible to water damage. See Product Care below
Find out more information about how we make out products.
How our products are made
Leather is a natural product and like our own skin needs looking after.
To keep your animal in the best of health for a long and happy life, we suggest the following care tips:
- Dust and apply a coat of NIKWAX Waterproofing Wax regularly (say every 6 weeks). DO NOT USE any spray or liquid polish as these will strip the colour
- Keep your animal dry and away from water. Regular coats of NIKWAX will help waterproof your animal against water damage
- Keep your animal out of direct sunlight and or direct heat to prevent the leather from drying out
- Supervise very young children playing with an animal. They like to put tails, ears, etc in their mouth and the stain may come off. NOTE: the stain is NON-TOXIC
- The product is designed primarily as a decorative item for the home. It is NOT built to furniture standards and the internal frame will only stand a certain amount of rough play!
If the colour of your animal does fade and you would like to darken up, you can purchase a bottle of 250ML Stain – Mahogany Brown to apply. To get the best results, Nikwax waterproof liquid wax should be applied after re-staining. Both products can be found under Care and Other Products.