OMERSA, the trading name of Omersa and Company Ltd, is committed to keeping customer information secure and protecting your privacy. This policy describes how we collect and use personal information about you.
Omersa and Company Limited (“Omersa”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is a company incorporated in England and Wales, company number 04364818 . Our registered office is located at Units 5-6 Premier Court, Richmond Road, Fairfield Industrial Estate, Louth, LN11 0ZR. Any questions about our policy can be sent in writing to this address or by e mail to info@omersa
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us will be processed by us when you:
- use our website: www.omersa.co.uk;
- use our mobile applications;
- purchase products from us;
- make direct contact with ourselves by letter, email, social media or telephone conversation
This policy has been prepared in line with the Data Protection Act 2018 and reflects the requirements of the EU GDPR 2018 directive. It may be updated from time to time and was last updated 16th September 2019.
The Data We May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following types of personal information:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, address, email address and telephone number
- Details of purchases and transactions
- Information submitted as part of a competition/special promotion
- Records of correspondence with you by telephone, email, social media or otherwise
- Details of your visits to the website, and information about how your device has interacted with our website, including search and browsing history, the pages accessed and links clicked
- Information collected automatically from your device, including IP address, device type, operating system, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information
How Your Data is Collected
We collect data from you when you register an account with us, subscribe to marketing communications from us, submit enquiries to us and/or purchase from us. We also collect information that you provide voluntarily to our Customer Services team, whether in writing, by telephone, or email.
We also collect some information automatically using cookies to improve your shopping experience. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device and access them when you visit the site in the future.
Please note that if you do not have cookies enabled, you will be unable to place an order on our website.
Cookies cannot harm your computer, and you cannot be individually identified by them. For more information about cookies and how to control them visit our Cookie Notice page or visit ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
Why Do We Collect Your Personal Data?
The main basis for processing personal data is so that we can enter into and fulfil a contract to supply goods to you or your nominated recipient.
Personal data typically collected from you includes, but is not limited to:
First and last names of purchaser, billing address, contact telephone number and e mail address
First and last names of recipient, delivery address, contact telephone and e mail address
When you register an account on our website your personal details are recorded and stored in the Omersa Club as are any items that you purchase directly from Omersa and Company Ltd. You are also able to update this record for any Omersa animal purchased/gifted from another source. This is intended as a life time ownership record of your Omersa collectible. Should you no longer wish for your data to be retained within the Omersa Club you have the right to request us to remove your record. To do this, you can contact us by either in writing or by e mail to the addresses given above.
Where you have provided personal data about another person, for example, where you order goods as a gift to be delivered to someone else, you must have the recipients permission to provide us with their personal information.
We process your personal data to respond to your queries received by e mail, written letter or by telephone. We maintain a record of these queries to provide you with the best level of service we think you the customer would expect from us.
We use your personal data to process payments/refunds and to prevent fraudulent transactions.
Your personal data may be used to resolve issues with, develop, test and improve our website.
There are special situations in which we may need to share access to your Personal Information without your explicit consent. For example, to comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement, to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the website, to protect the personal safety of users of the site or public, and to protect against legal liability.
For marketing purposes where you have expressly opted in to receive marketing communications from us, for example when registering an account, we will process your personal data to provide you with marketing communications in line with the preferences you have provided.
Where you have provided us with your name and address, you may receive promotional material from us from time to time through the post.
You are not under any obligation to provide us with your personal data for marketing purposes, and you can withdraw your consent to your personal data being processed in this way at any time by contacting us or, where relevant, by following the unsubscribe link in every marketing communication you receive from us. If you do choose to withdraw your consent, this will not mean that our processing of your personal data before you withdrew your consent was unlawful.
Who Do We Share Your Data With?
We may share some of your data with the following third party service providers:
- website hosting and website maintenance
- google analytics
- on line payment processing
- delivery agents
- digital and direct marketing providers
- IT services including storage of email correspondence
- accountancy servicesNo payment details are stored on our website. Our payment providers, PayPal and STRIPE, receive encrypted information needed to verify and authorise your payment and to process your order.
For items exported from the United Kingdom, a full commercial invoice accompanies the supply of goods which will contain your personal data. This information is required by Customs in the destination country for the purpose of raising duties. Our nominated freight agent delivering the order will use the data provided to collect the duties from the recipient as detailed on the order and pay across to the amount due to the customs authorities.
Any third party which processes your data for purposes described in this policy must also have the appropriate technical and organisational measures in place and must comply with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and EU General Data Protection Regulation. Your data may also be accessed by and processed outside the European Economic Area and by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Where your data is transferred outside of the EEA, we require that appropriate safeguards are in place.
If our business is sold, personal data held by Omersa about its customers will be one of the assets transferred to the purchaser. The legal basis on which we process your data in these circumstances is our legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by a purchaser. If you object to our use of personal data in this way, the relevant seller or buyer of our business may not be able to provide good and/or services to you.
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data in this way. To do this, you can contact us by either in writing or by e mail to the addresses given above.
Your Rights In Connection With Your Data
Under GDPR, you have the right to:
- Request access to a copy of the personal information we hold about you
- Request correction of any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you
- Request erasure of information where there is no good reason for continued processing
- Request restriction to suspend our processing of your personal information based on consent or our legitimate interest
- Request exclusion from automated decision making including profiling
- Opt out of marketing communications which we send you
If you want to request access, correction or erasure of your personal information, restriction or suspension of processing of your personal information or exclusion from automation, please contact us at info@omersa with your full name, telephone number, email, address and postcode along with an outline of your request. We’ll get back to you with an initial response within seven working days and will deal with your request within one month, though this can be extended by a further two months if the request is complex.
If you do not want to receive newsletters or for us to provide you with information about our products, offers or services, you can unsubscribe by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the unsubscribe link on any of our promotional emails. Please note that it can take up to 10 working days to fully remove you from our email list, so you may continue to receive emails/mailings whilst your request is being processed.
Please note that emails relating to servicing your account or fulfilling an order cannot be unsubscribed from and will continue to be sent.
Where We Store Personal Data
All information you provide to us via our website is stored on secure servers hosted by our website provider. Access to the host server is restricted to ensure that your information is not viewable by any unauthorised parties. Any payment transactions are encrypted using SCA compliant technology. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, Omersa cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted via the internet. Any transmission is at your own risk.
Information provided by e mail, telephone or by written communication is stored at our registered office where we have implemented procedures to keep your information safe from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure.
Period Of Storage
Where you order goods and/or services from us, we will retain your data for a period of two (2) years after the goods were delivered and/or the services performed, to ensure that we are able to assist you should you have any questions or feedback in relation to our goods and/or services or to protect, or defend our legal rights.
Where we have processed your personal data to provide you with marketing communications with consent, we may contact you at least every twelve (12) months to ensure you are happy to continue receiving such communications. If you tell us that you no longer wish to receive such communications, your personal data will be removed from our lists.
Where we have processed your data for any other reason (such as where you have contacted us with a question in connection with our goods and/or services), we will retain your data for twelve (12) months.
We retain your information whilst we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. For example, accounting records are retained for a ten (10) year period to satisfy statutory and HMRC requirements.
Your rights under GDPR 2018 include the following:
- The right at any time to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data
- The right to be informed of what personal data of yours we hold, how we obtained it and how long we intend to keep it
- The right to have your personal data rectified in the event that it is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to request the erasure of your personal data
- The right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data, in particular where the processing is carried out for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data where your right to object to processing is disputed
- The right to data portability (i.e. transfer of your personal data to another organisation) except where your data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests
Your rights above can be exercised free of charge, subject to a test of reasonableness, by writing or telephoning us. We will deal with your request within one month, though this can be extended by a further six (6) months if the request is complex. Our contact details are set out at the beginning of this notice.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We use third-party processors to host our website and to process our services. We have implemented the necessary contractual arrangements to ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal data under their control.
- We will not use your personal data other than for the purposes described in this notice.
- Except as described above, we will not sell your personal data or share it with any third parties.
- We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the stated purposes except to the extent required by law.
- We will take all reasonable and necessary technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data.
We reserve the rights to make changes to this policy and and changes will be published on this website. This policy was last updated in June 2023.
For any questions about this policy or information requests please email email@example.com or write to:
OMERSA and COMPANY LTD
Units 5-6 Premier Court, Richmond Road, Fairfield Industrial Estate, Louth LN11 0ZR, ENGLAND